Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WEEK 2 - Yawn...

I feel uninspired tonight but I will try to perk myself up to some kind of acceptable level of performance.  I just finished eating a nice big helping of cold fresh watermelon.  That's been the highlight of my evening.  I spent about an hour farting around with "gadgets" on the Google Blog Tools and finally gave up on the countdown gadget.  Talk about getting distracted.

I finished La Vida Vampire by Nancy Haddock this afternoon.  I emailed Ms. Haddock last night and asked if she would be available Saturday at the Florida Heritage Book Festival.  She replied and said she would - between 9:30 am - 10:00 am.  GREAT!  I'm looking forward to meeting her.  She really has a great story-telling ability and makes the city of St. Augustine come alive.  I like her characters and I'm glad there are more books with Cesca the vampire.  I'm going to get another copy of her book and send it to my niece Savannah.  Savannah originally turned me on to vampires with the Twilight series and then the series by Laurell K. Hamilton.  I hope Savannah enjoys La Vida Vampire as much as I did.

As far as TV...well I was tired when I got home from work, but decided to lie down on my couch and finish my vampire book (as mentioned above).   I really don't miss the TV shows...I really don't miss the TV as company as much as I thought I would.  This is a weird and strange experience - - totally unexpected.  I thought I would be CRAVING TV and sad and upset and ...well miserable.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed. I gave up TV when I moved into my first apartment because neither my roommate nor I had a TV. It was surprising how easy it was. But then I was 19 and had the world at my feet. College and work and friends kept me busy. I would think this would be harder.

    ReplyDelete