Friday, September 18, 2009

Tonight I keep wanting to switch on the old TV.  I'm tired and bored and just listless.  TV is perfect for that.  I can sit and watch without thinking, or I can channel surf and look for something better on the next click of my finger.

Instead I've been reading Black Cloud by Eliot Kleinberg.  He is one of the authors who stayed at the St. Francis Inn last weekend.  I also attended his presentation about "Weird Florida" last Saturday.  The book is much more somber - it is about the 1928 hurricane that leveled West Palm Beach and then drowned thousands when it roared across Lake Okeechobee.  It's an interesting read, but not doing much for my mood or energy level.

I'm in between movies on NetFlix.  It's 9:30 and really too late to start a movie anyway.  I could listen to music, but, nah, don't want to.  So I'll blog...I know...I'll post a couple pictures of my darling granddaughter Kinsey!
Please note her mother's handbag and the Disney Princess shoes.  She is ready to go out!


Later at Carousel Park (this was Wednesday of this week) her mother was trying to take a smiling picture of Kinsey on the swing and her grandmother was making goofy faces at her and instigating trouble. 

OK that's all I've got tonight.  Back to 1928 and the Hurricane.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    just started reading your blog, because I try to limit my tv-watching, too!

    Greetings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you! I've been posting erratically recently...child care, working, life-in-general, and TV-watching sometimes interfere!

    ReplyDelete