Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9-9-09 Surgery for Dogs

I have a cousin who signs her emails "9".  Her name is Nina (prounouced Ni' nah) and she is named after my mother.  I wonder if she is enjoying this very special day - September 9, 2009.  Although it's not as cool as September 9, 1999 must have been.  "Mike from work" pointed out to me that next year we would have 10-10-10.  Cool.

Carolyn from work reported today that she and her husband paid more than $3,000 for her 3-year-old Labrador Retriever to have surgery on his leg.  I forget what was wrong with his leg; Carolyn rattled off the medical terminology but all I could hear was THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS.  I'm skipping my colonoscopy this year because my not-so-fabulous health insurance deductible is $3,000.  I'm hoping by next year this time I'll have more money in the bank and be able to pay for the wonderful thrill of having a camera stuffed up by butt without leaving me short of cash.  As for paying $3,000 for surgery on my pet....I told Harley he better STAY HEALTHY.

If I was watching TV I would be channel-surfing to avoid watching President Obama's speech.  I'm not being political here; it's just that when the President is giving a speech all the networks shuffle up their nightly lineups to fit not only the speech, but the talking heads' BS afterwards.  I used to be political but I got tired of all the polarization.  "Why can't we all just get along?" Rodney King asked.  I agree.  If we could set aside the RightWing and LeftWing BS and channeled all that energy into solving problems like health care, the problems would get solved instead of just made worse.  

Since I'm not watching TV I'm reading The Oasis Project by Art Adkins, the author I met last Friday night.  I'm enjoying the stories and the characters.  His style is very masculine - strong men and supportive women - but also very 21st Century.  Maybe I just think that because I've been reading women authors for the past few months and have been immersed in vampires.  I know that the story is well thought out and rings true.  And I enjoy the setting of Cedar Key, FL.  It's now on my list of Places To Visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment