Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Time for an Accounting

I'm starting my 3rd week without TV.  So I thought it was time to look at...well...me...and what's around me and what, if anything, is different.

  • I have not lost a pound. 
  • I am not exercising any more or any less than I was before I quit TV.  
  • My house is pretty much the same disaster it was 2 weeks ago.  (Only 2 weeks!)  Is that right?  Yes, I just found a small calendar on my desk and that is correct. 
So in 2 weeks what IS different?  
  • I feel different.  Lighter - hey, no fat jokes out there!  I feel like a weight has been removed from my shoulders.  The burden of TV?  I just feel freer.
  • I nap either the same amount or maybe more...not really surprised.  It's a good avoiding technique and often I am very tired.  (Probably from a crappy diet and lack of exercise.)  OK who said that?!
  • I blog every day.  Publicly.  Scary.  Fun.
  • I've  worked on my novel - and it had lain dormant for months.
  • I've started a short story.
  • I attended a book festival and met several people in my preferred field.  
What have I learned so far?  Well, I guess TV isn't the REAL reason I eat a poor diet and don't exercise and don't keep my house shipshape.  It certainly wasn't helping, but getting rid of it hasn't been a magic cure.  (Kind of like my ex-husband.) 

The mystery to me is why do I feel different?  Where did this lightness come from?  This feeling of being free?  Will it continue?

3 comments:

  1. They say writing a blog every day forces you to WRITE everyday. It releases your writing muse. So, although it may not seem as though you are accomplishing something great, you are.

    Three cheers for you!

    But no weight loss, huh? Dang. Guess I'll go ahead and watch Dancing with the Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, c'mon. You can do it. Forget that Bones starts it new season tomorrow (fox.com--you can watch the episode in full over your computer on Friday)

    ReplyDelete