Wednesday, September 2, 2009

DAY 2 - Frogs Making Love?

Another rainy day and another feeling icky day. My muscles were all kind of achy this afternoon so I took another nap when I arrived at home. Maybe I'm just going to sleep away my TV-less time.

Let's see, it's Wednesday so it's Criminal Minds night. I do enjoy that show - about the BAU team that tries to out-think serial killers. I like the various actors and the characters are interesting. The plots vary from ho-hum typical TV plots to really interesting stories that keep my on the edge of my seat until the end. Right now it's in reruns and I've actually been catching up on old episodes that play on Friday and Sunday nights on A&E. No more, though. I'll look forward to catching up next year...or maybe I won't.

I received my box of books today that I ordered from Barnes & Noble so I have two Tim Dorsey crime/humor books and La Vida Vampire written by local author Nancy Haddock. This is part of my homework-networking to become a published author. This kind of homework I like - reading!

Still not suffering from TV withdrawal - napping and radio have both helped me through so far. NPR's evening music ain't so bad. And there's always Flagler College radio.

I've had supper--wait--no I haven't! I ate a salad and pulled a couple hot dogs from the freezer and forgot to cook them. Hey! Maybe I've found the perfect diet! I forgot to EAT!

So while my hot dogs pop in the microwave I will share that my food urges have really disappeared with the absence of TV. Sitting in front of the TV creates food cravings in me - it's not just the endless food commercials - although they contribute to the cravings - but the inherent boredom of sitting there and doing nothing. Because TV doesn't take any participation. Unlike a good movie that keeps you engrossed TV just kind of occupies one part of your brain - the DUH part - while you are still bored. And when I'm bored - I don't know about you - but when I'm bored I want to eat.

So - excuse me while I eat my dawgs and then I'll be going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment