Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Go Into the Light! Go Into the Light!

Finally - finally - finally.  Sunshine and warm temperatures.  This morning it was 50 degrees - the warmest it has been in the morning in months.  And...what's this?  The forecast is for mid-70's tomorrow, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!  OK, so it's supposed to rain, too.  Who cares??  It will be wonderful to be wet and not freezing!!!  And next week starting on Monday - mid 70's all week!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

We Floridians can now stop bitching and moaning and whining and hibernating.  We can stop digging in our closets and storage units for gloves and thick socks and heavy jackets that we used to need only a couple of times a year.  We can turn off our heat pumps and quit listening to their asthmatic wheezing as they start up and shut down.  We can open our windows...we...can..grunt...o*p*e*n...bang!...our windows. 

The lawn guy was mowing my yard today when I arrived home from work.  I laughed out loud for joy!  It's been three months since I've seen a lawn service truck on our street.

My neighbor spotted our armadillo the other night.  Another sign it's warming up!  Can the snake-in-a-bucket be far behind?  And...be still, my heart....the tree frogs should start singing the next time it rains.  And mating in the driveway puddles.  And sticking to my backdoor.  YES!  And, Harley, the lizards should be sunning themselves soon, buddy!

Harley and I can go to the beach without dressing like we're hiking in Alaska.  I can dust off my sandals and put my socks away!  I can sit outside at FA Cafe!

Spring!  Spring!  I may dance naked in my backyard.  I may not.  Spring!  Spring!

10 comments:

  1. Yey for spring!! It's colder now than it was this time last year in southern AZ! I'm hoping it heats up soon so I can go work on my tan! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring, spring, get out the tomato plants and dust off the sprinkler. Do you have those in Florida? The sun is agonna shine, shine, shine on yoooou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it..I'm moving in! da Boyz and I'll be there tomorrow! We had a dastardly hit of spring now it's cold it even snowed in some parts of Portland - didn't stick but it was the the thought!

    You and Harley enjoy the spring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erika - here's hoping it warms up soon in Southern Arizona for you!
    Melly - yes we have tomato plants AND sprinklers in Florida - we ARE attached to the US of A...4 days of sunshine and today was in the 70's!
    NWFoodie - We've got room and Harley says bring da Boyz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, the sun was shining here today, but it was brrrrrrrrrr cold. I'll bet with those nice 70's temps the snake-in-the-bucket is feeling his oats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok..that's just mean....

    damn snake...probably having sex all during the winter and or whatever snakes do to reproduce...and there are probably bazillions of the damn babies in there too.....

    not as scary as those evil raccoons though! hey, an idea for a horror story...THE RACCOONS!...even the title is scary....
    :o>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Karen! Congrats on your No TV experiment! My husband, son and I started off on the same adventure on March 4, 2010. I've enjoyed looking at your blog. If you get a chance, here's ours... www.notvfor365days.blogspot.com.

    Cheers!
    Erika Larson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen! Great blog site! It's warming up over here in the UK too! We've just had the worst winter for over 30 years :0

    Melanie suggested I follow your blog. Aparently we are alike...lol...I think she's calling me a girl haha!!

    Kurt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erika - thanks for checking out my blog. I enjoyed reading yours! A family of 3 doing this is great! And a big shout out to one of my favorite cities - Chicago! I used to travel there a lot for work and LOVED the vitality and the neighborhoods up there. Keep on keepin' on!

    Emailman: Thanks for the compliment. I think we're all tired of winter - wonder if the Aussies will get a horrible winter in the next months? Is this how this whole climate change works??? You must be witty and fabulous to be compared to me....being a girl would be a bonus. Please remember Melanie's only been out of the asylum a few months....Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I really am like you then, Karen! haha!! When my laptop died this Christmas, all my friends from the forum I'm in chipped in and bought me a shiny new pink laptop and made me officially one of the girls...lol...They're so nice to me.

    Awww, poor Melanie. That explains a lot! :D

    ReplyDelete