Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Ultimate Beauty Tool

I purchased a package of cotton swabs the other day and, as I had nothing better to do, I read the package. I was shocked at the variety of tasks that that these little cotton sticks could perform. 

First of all you can use them for FIRST AID.  Next time I cook dinner and I chop part of a finger off (I'm quite the chef, you know)  I am going to grab a cotton swab.  The cotton will absorb the blood and I can use the pressure from the stick to stop the bleeding.  I bet EMTs have to carry a boxful on their trucks.  Picture them arriving at a car wreck, or at a condo where a chef is bleeding to death from an amputated finger.  "Ralph, grab the cotton swabs! We have a bleeder!"  Cotton swabs make great splints also - as long as you have enough of them.

Second, you can use cotton swabs to CLEAN AND DUST ELECTRONICS.  I've been using those stupid cans of air to clean my laptop keyboard.  Silly me.  I have a couple TVs that are gathering dust, and an all-in-one printer/fax/scanner, and a CD player.  My goodness.  I'm going to have to buy more cotton swabs!

Third, BABY CARE.  The picture on the box shows a baby staring warily at a cotton swab sitting in front of his nose.  We all know where that cotton swab is going and it's not going to be pretty when it comes out.  I'm glad the box doesn't go into any more detail.  I really don't want to see boogers in advertising.  I don't have a baby and I don't plan on having a baby, but I do have two small grandchildren and a third on the way.  My granddaughter is 3 and seems to enjoy taking care of her own nose with her very own finger at this stage.  Maybe I'll give her a box of cotton swabs.

I don't see cotton swabs replacing baby wipes any time soon, though.  Gross.

Fourth, HOUSEHOLD USE.  The picture shows a cotton swab poised in front of a bathtub faucet.  Holy cow!  On my next vacation I'm going to take a case of cotton swabs and REALLY clean my tub!!! 

Fifth, but should have been FIRST:  ULTIMATE BEAUTY TOOL.  I've been using a putty knife to apply my makeup since I turned 50.  Dang, this sounds so much better.  A cotton swab has pure soft cotton and a flexible stick and I can use it not only to apply, blend, and touch up my make up, but also to remove it.  My face has quite a bit of....acreage....and it may take me some valuable time in the morning to apply and cover.  I know!  I can tape several together!  American ingenuity comes to the rescue!


For the life of me I can't remember why I bought the cotton swabs in the first place, but now I have dozens of uses for them.  So many things to do with them; I'm going to have to stock up!


4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha....putty knife...haaaaa.

    And what is with the temperature thing again? Are you still looking for sympathy? So, are those unusual temperatures, or something? Okaaaay. Looking at the 22, 26, 39(?), 25, 22, 26 seems a little extreme, but it will be in the 50s twice in one week! Niiiice. With SUN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa - are those your local temperatures? That is wicked cold! I've found that my laptop puts out multitudes of free BTUs. I curl up with it in bed.

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I almost snorted coffee out my nose. If I had, however, I would have known to grab a handful of cotton swabs to clean the keyboard of my laptop.
    Another use: Take the cotton off the tops and apply them to the insides of gloves. You will be much warmer.
    That's just a friendly little tip from your friend up north. Here in Canada the cotton swabs tend to get lost in our igloos - being the same colour and all - but we make do.
    Ohhh, the sled dogs are getting restless...better go feed 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, I am NOT looking for sympathy. I just needed a picture. And just because the forecast is for SNOW FLURRIES here on Saturday doesn't mean you are going to hear about it from me.
    Ari, Nina, Zippy, Terry,
    Talk about multiple personalities. I am storing all my smaller electronics in bed with me to keep me warm - along with my cotton swabs.
    single Mama, So glad about the coffee snorting. I count myself successful if I make someone spew, choke, or in some other way expel liquid out of a body part. I hear a bit of SARCASM in the latter part of your comment. Is it cold where you live? :o)

    ReplyDelete